Civic Playhouse

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/3

The Civic Playhouse was originally built in 1929 as a 'Winter-garden' designed to complement the Civic Theatre. The space was converted to the Playhouse theatre in 1978 and was home to the Hunter Valley Theatre Company. Designed by local company Suters Architects, the scope of works included new seating and stage, foyer amenity spaces, bar servery, rehearsal rooms and two new lifts.